CFTRI RECRUITMENT 2020
CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru a constituent national laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Institute (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of 1 (one) position of Senior Project Associate & 1 (one) position of Project Associate-I initially for a period of Six Months or till the project is over on a temporary contractual basis to establish a Testing and Validation Centre for COVID samples at CSIR-CFTRI/designated premises at Mysuru, Karnataka.
M.Sc/B.Tech in Biotechnology/Virology/ Microbiology/Biochemistry/ M.VSc. from a recognized university with 4 years of experiences in molecular biology work. OR Doctoral degree in Biotechnology/ Virology/Microbiology/Biochemistry Biochemistry/M.VSc. from recognized university with experience in molecular biology techniques OR MD/MS from recognized university.
Masters degree with at least one year hands on experience of handling of RNA/DNA, Real-Time PCR, Handling of viral cultures/ Clinical specimen/molecular biology work
Mode of Selection: Selection is to be done on the basis of online Interview through Skype.
Eligible candidates are requested to send scan copy following documents through Email on email@example.com latest by 08.05.2020 (Friday) positively: (i) Scan copy of duly filled-in application form, which is given at the end of this Advertisement. (ii) Scan copies of original documents viz. (a) Educational Qualification, (b) Age, (c) Category (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates), (d) Experience certificate, if any; (e) detailed biodata etc. Candidates are also requested to provide their Skype ID, Mobile No. and Email address.Applications received after the due date (08.05.2020) will be rejected. The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview through e-mail/website.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The engagement will be on purely temporary and contractual basis for a maximum period of Six Months which may be extended or curtailed depending on the duration of the project/desired level performance or conduct of the incumbent, as the case may be.
2. The engagement of project staff is exclusively for the above mentioned research work and the tenure shall be co-terminus with the project duration or till the funds are available, whichever is earlier.
3. The engagement under this project does not confer any right/ claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointments in CSIR-CFTRI/CSIR, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent. It would therefore, not confer any right/claim, implicit or explicit, on the part of the candidates for regularization/absorption against any post in CSIR/CFTRI or under any other scheme of CSIR.
4. Performance of the Project staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
5. If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI or in any other CSIR labs “No objection certificate” from the PI should be submitted.
6. Age relaxations will be applicable as per GOI rules
7. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for submission of applications i.e. 08.05.2020.
8. The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, should be in relevant area of work/field indicated against such position which shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum essential educational qualifications prescribed for that position.
9. Final semester and results awaited candidates are not eligible to apply or will not be allowed to appear for Interview.
10. TA/DA will not be paid for reporting to duty.
11. If the number of candidates applied for the above posts are large in numbers, the selection committee will further shortlist the candidates on the basis of suitable shortlisting criteria to meet the desired objectives.